Tuesday 2 February 2010

Where am I going to?

The lyrics from Fozzy's 'The Test' ring through my mind right now. Lead singer Singer Chris Jericho asks 'Where am I going to?'. This is a question that I've had to ask myself many times over the last couple of years over several different issues. Issues such as 'what to do when I leave school?', 'should I leave Woolworths?' (that was a great move in the end), and 'should I leave my university course?'. I just never thought I'd be asking myself this question in my personal life.

After asking the question, Rich Ward on backing vocals sings that 'The time is right to make a change'. Now in the examples of times previously where I have wondered about the direction in which I should head, I have made a change that has changed my entire life. This time however, I'm not at all sure that this is a good idea! The same band, the brilliant Fozzy have just released their new album. On the new album is a track entitled 'Watch Me Shine'. Jericho sings with great emotion during this track 'I don't want to live without her... even though sometimes I've lost my mind'. This pretty much sums me up at the moment! I feel down and out. I feel torn up and ripped to shreds. I'm just not sure which road to turn down so as to avoid getting hurt worse.

Given time I hope to get my head clear. The worst part is just how quickly it becomes public knowledge. Although in a way it has also helped in that it has enabled me to realise that this is real and not some bad dream from which I need to awaken from.

On another note, I will soon post a new blog looking back on the month of January.
For those of you that care to listen to the songs in question, click the links below:

Fozzy - Watch Me Shine

Fozzy - The Test

Sorry to be depressing. Hopefully soon I'll be back to my old self soon either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment