Monday 28 February 2011

A Dark Day

Today was a dark day literally, as the sun seemed to have needed a break and split from us. I suppose all of us, the sun included need a day off once in a while. What was odd though, was that I felt a little... off today; a little dark myself. There's no real reason for this, I mean life is technically good at the moment, I signed up at a recruitment agency, I watched the fantastic literary documentary Faulks on Fiction, I had pie 'n' mash for lunch, topped with (aaahhh) gravy; and I spent the afternoon reading before going to work. Having work in the evening meant that I didn't get to see Stacey today, but then that happens often, and while I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit that I miss her enormously when I don't see her, I can deal with it just fine, I'm used to it.

For some reason, when I think back over the day it almost doesn't feel like it was real, and for some reason I just felt a little down, and - dare I say it - a little emo. They say that the weather can have an effect on us, and maybe that was just it, because it was bloody rubbish out there today, it was freezing, and it was dark; a miserable climate all around. So maybe that got into me a little, especially as it was only just starting to warm up a bit last week. Then of course, it could stretch further than our weather here in England... maybe the universe has something to do with it all... perhaps the third sun of Jupiter is in line with Uranus causing some sort of chemical imbalance that makes Geminis sad and glum or something. I don't know... It probably didn't help that the book I spent my afternoon reading was incredibly dark, depressing, and rather on the sick side. Book fans out there, I do still recommend it based on the half of it that I've currently read: John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let The Right One In.

Even work seemed strange, and that's not because I was working with Jason. No, time seemed to dissolve into nothing, and customers came across has bitter, twisted, and nasty. Maybe everyone was in a terrible, grumpy mood due to the weather, and the fact that kids are back at school. But, it could have possibly been me being over-sensitive... Maybe I'm having some kind of period, as I've heard that men apparently get them too in the emotional sense. But then, maybe I'm just talking a load of crap!

Things have brightened up since getting home though. I watched Two and a Half Men with my brothers and my Dad, which made me laugh and has put me in a better frame of mind. However, halfway through, one of my brothers decided to suddenly turn off the only light in the room that was on, and once again the darkness surrounded me on this, the final day of February. Anyway, it's March in half an hour, so I'd better go! I'm happy now, and am going to end my day by watching something else to make me laugh. This has probably been one of the most bizarre blogs that I've written to date, but I always find writing these to be extremely therapeutic, and thus the darkness has left me for now - best not turn off the lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment