Monday 11 January 2010

A new year begins... It's a new day!

I have decided to start blogging with the beginning of a new decade. Part of the reason for this decision was that I've enjoyed reading the blog of a certain friend of mine (*cough* PETE *cough)+ and hope that this encourages him to write more often! Another reason was that in 2009 I started tweeting (I think 'twittering' is a much cooler word) and found that chronicling my life was great in retrospect and decided that I should maybe do so in more detail.

With the start of this new year, we are waving goodbye to the decade known as the 'noughties'. The noughties was effectively the decade in which I technically grew up. I say technically because like Peter Pan, I refuse to 'grow up'! I began the noughties as 10 year old in his final year of primary school, I finished the decade at... primary school! In between I went to 2 secondary schools (one for the main 5 years, the second for sixth form), I then went to university and began a career in television, before deciding to quit it all and start again. This was all mixed with part time jobs for both the late Woolworths and Blockbuster. I'm now studying for a degree with the Open University while working as a teaching assistant at a local primary school (the aim now is to be a teacher) and also working still as sales assistant at Blockbuster.

Aside from career aspects and changes that came with being a teenager, I also made many, and waved goodbye to some friends over the last decade. As well as that, my family also went through many changes. The decade saw the arrival of my only cousin and, in what is probably still the biggest shocker of my life so far, my little sister arrived, 13 and a half years my junior!

Moving on to the present and 2010 is already shaping up to be a GREAT year! I'm already booked up to see one of my favourite bands in 30 Seconds to Mars, two nights of wrestling action with a few mates, and stand-up comedian Frankie Boyle. With other more personal events, such as the delayed (due to snow) staff Christmas dinner with my school colleagues and the event of the summer, My 21st Birthday Celebrations.

The big question now is: Am I ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment