Friday 3 September 2010

'Live from Spain...'

That's right: Live from Spain, it's the world's greatest blog!

I thought that I'd take a break from the sunshine and the swimming pool to step inside and delight you all, my constant readers with my monthly blog detailing the last month or so.

August really was a dark and wet month weather-wise. It seems that as soon as the kids all finished school for the summer, the sun decided to go on a holiday of its own. As a result of this, added to the sum of there being nothing to entertain in town, our humble video rental store was extremely busy. In fact, it has been the busiest summer in history for us, and very tiring. As well as working at the store, I also had plenty of work to keep me busy with at home too, as I had to write not one, but two assignments for my Film and Television History course this month. Part of this was self-inflicted though, as the deadline for the jumbo-four thousand word assignment hasn't yet been. I just wanted it done and out of the way before leaving the country for a much deserved rest.

Leaving work alone now, my parents took two of my siblings away on holiday for two weeks at the beginning of August, they did however, leave on sibling behind with me. Bummer! Although I had a great time, as Stacey moved in for the fortnight and we had some friends over on a few of the nights, my brother seemed to try to (or should perhaps I should say 'made no effort resulting in..') ruin what should have been a great, carefree couple of weeks. He appears to have no skills in living... at all. He can't cook, clean or take care of himself. I may be being a little unfair here, I mean, maybe it's a pure case of won't as opposed to can't! Anyway, whenever his mates would come round, they would stay the night, causing a lot of mess to be left the next day. My dearest brother made as little effort as possible to tidy up, leaving me to bare the brunt of it. The house was left in a tip every time they stayed, and let's just say that at least one of his friends has extremely poor aim when it comes to using the toilet! What all this came down to was a huge bust up. For on the Friday before my parents returned, Stacey and I made the effort to clear up the house, as although they weren't coming home until the Sunday, I had work on both Saturday and Sunday. So after cleaning the place, I agree with my wonderful brother that I have been nice and put up with a lot or beer spills, pizza stains and toilet unpleasantries, and that he his to have no other friends round in a bid to keep the place looking good. He agrees and all is good. Then, that night at about 1am, just after going to bed, I hear my brother come home, and also hear that he is not alone. In fact I can hear that there are lots of them! I then let my temper get the best of me and storm from my room in my dressing gown to confront my brother. I find him and some of his friends in his bedroom unplugging the Playstation to take downstairs, and remind him of our deal.
'We're only going to play games and aren't drinking tonight' he argues.
This is contradicted almost right away with the line 'and some of them live in Leigh and have drunk, so can't drive home'.
I tell him that I don't care and that they'd better start walking then. Following this I go downstairs to find two crates of lager. Thanks for the honesty bro! I tell them all to get out, trying to ignore the abuse some attempt to throw my way. When they're gone, I turn to my brother and things melt down rather quickly as we nearly came to blows. Thankfully Stacey came down and broke us up to prevent us from killing each other.

Aside from that I had a great couple of weeks :-)

Life went back to normal once the rest of my family returned. My Mum had her birthday, for which I bought her a canvas print of our cat Pepsi. The following day, Stacey's stepdad Peter also turned of age. The rest of the month that wasn't spent consumed with work included a great Indian meal with some close friends, a night on the town in Maidstone which was great, and an evening bowling with the usual gang added with an American friend-of-a-friend. August came to its end with an evening at the cinema with the gang. We watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World which if you haven't seen it, is fantastic! Edgar Wright as director has done a brilliant job of creating something completely different that also features many a cheeky nod to retro-videogaming!

And now here we are, that was a week ago already! On Sunday morning we flew out here to Sunny-Spain! There was even a celebrity on our cheap, early morning flight. That's right the one and only Louie Spence was aboard! We didn't pester him for autographs or pictures though, he was with a friend and looked as if he was trying to keep a low profile. I mean, the guy didn't even dance!

Anyway, Spain has been great! Mucho Vino Blanco! Swimming Pool! And many chess victories over Stacey! I have also managed to read a lot more which is great, and have started playing the second Professor Layton game. There's barely been time to leave the house what with how busy we've been, but we did manage to go to a Spanish Shopping centre today. While there I found out something rather horrifying. It turns out that a virus is spreading and fast becoming an international plague. I am of course referring to the fact that we found a very large Primark store in Spain.

I'll leave you all now as it is early evening and I have a new glass of vino blanco sat in front of me, ready to drink!

Until next time, Adios mi amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment