Wednesday 2 June 2010

A blog written late at night about stuff and things that I have done recently!

The first two days of June have already passed! Both were spent at work, although one was extremely busy and the other completely dead. The fact that we are now in June (the month of Kings if I do say so myself) means two things:

  1. That this year is rocketing by faster than the speed of light.
  2. That it is time to recap my May in blog form.
May wound up being a rather brilliant month in many ways. As I've already banged on about in my last blog, I got to meet Fozzy and my childhood hero Chris Jericho. As well as meeting Mr. Jericho that day, we also met old friends Michelle and Si, who after the gig took us to London's Hard Rock Cafe. This was Stacey's and my first ever time in a Hard Rock Cafe and we absolutely loved it. Si had a VIP card, which meant that we got to walk past the queue outside and be seated at a table straight away. The sheer amount of rock memorabilia is amazing and was very fitting for that day. Our table was located directly beneath Lenny Kravitz's guitar! Then there was a food, for which all I really need to say is that when you order a burger, and the waitress asks how you would like it cooked, you're in for some tasty times!

The weekend following Fozzy saw my parents going away for the weekend, leaving Stacey and me in charge of the household. This involved making sure my brothers stayed alive and taking care of the little sister. It was a weekend full of takeaways, Avatar, Guitar Hero, The Shining and Bluewater. As far as the guitar heroing goes, it turns out nobody can sing!

May then came to an end this past weekend, a super bonus three-day bank holiday weekend. I had work on the first two days of this weekend, although that didn't stop me from having a good time. On Saturday night, a few of us went out for leaving drinks, as our friend Tam is leaving us to go and work somewhere else. We had ourselves a good drinky-poo, strutted our stuff on the dance floor, and even got to see Jason's 'MILF'!




On Sunday night we went on a double date with fellow couple Nat and Chris. I had my first Prezzo experience (not quite Hard Rock, but the price we paid due to having a voucher can't be argued against), and from the meal we moved on to the cinema. Now you may at this time be wondering what movie we went to see. Well this was a date of sorts and the girls kind did have their say. I'm ashamed (and proud that I survived) to say ladies and gentlemen that I endured the second Sex and the City movie. It was terrible and I don't want to talk about it anymore... MOVING ON!

Monday was a day off, so like half of Kent seems to do on a Bank Holiday, we went to Hastings for some Fish 'n' Chips (Veggie Burger in Stacey's case - I know it's weird but I can't seem to change this!). After Stacey's sensible driving on the bumper cars, and both of us acting like complete wimps on the ghost train, we left Hastings for Rye and met my Uncle, Aunt and Cousin, who celebrated his 8th Birthday earlier in the month, for a couple of drinks at their caravan.

More did happen during the month, I just can't be bothered to try and remember and write it all down. I need to get out of the habit of writing these things late at night I guess. Although I can say that I have been cycling to and from work regularly and have even cycled the seven miles to Stacey's house and back! Anyways time to look forward as it is now June! I have in fact just thought of a third thing that being June means: It's nearly my birthday! I am going to become an official, proper type adult person this month as I hit the big 21. Let the celebrations begin!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this blog as always. I'm going to bed now as it's getting quite late, I'm tired, and have a lot happening the next few nights. Tomorrow I'm off to the Globe theatre to see Macbeth, then on Friday it's Frankie Boyle at Hammersmith. Saturday night shall then be spent at work which will be dead due to the final of a particular talent show.

For now, here's my May 2010 soundtrack:

Fozzy - Let the Madness Begin
Fozzy - Under Blackened Skies
Fozzy - God Pounds His Nails
Fozzy - Enemy
Rich Ward - Running
Rich Ward - Immune


I know it's a Fozzy and Rich Ward dominated list, but I did meet them this month. Whereas Fozzy's music is quite heavy, I think all of you will be pleasantly surprised by Rich Ward's songs, so please do give them a listen, it'll be the best thing you'll hear all day! The links to those two songs take you to the Rich Ward website and from there you will need to select the songs!

Night everybody! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment